Are you passionate about sustainability and the environment? If so, we want you!
Our Your Climate Action Working Group is looking for two Darebin community members to join and support our commitment to sustainability.
In Australia, healthcare amounts to seven per cent of our national emissions. The Working Group is leading by example to:
- Establish a zero emissions target for Your Community Health;
- Assist with implementation of the Climate Action Plan;
- Report and monitor progress against the Climate Action Plan;
- Support community education on the health impacts of climate change and advocate for increased action
- Act as Your Community Health Climate Champions.
We are dedicated to demonstrating leadership in climate action and are already improving our carbon footprint by installing LED lighting, solar power, solar hot water, water saving and adding hybrid vehicles to our fleet.
If you are interested in supporting and contributing to our Climate Action Plan and initiatives, please email your expression of interest to [email protected] by 14 April 2023. The position description for this volunteer opportunity can be viewed below. Experience with working groups or committees is beneficial, but not required, and a passion for climate change is a must.
Read the Position Description
Consumer Representative – Your Climate Action Working Group