As part of our commitment to Reconciliation and acknowledging the Traditional Owners of the lands on which YourCH conducts its business, we will be giving our health centres new Aboriginal names and we want your help to choose them.
We have consulted closely with Aunty Doreen and the Wurundjeri Woi wurrung Cultural Heritage Aboriginal Corporation to select Aboriginal names for our health centres.
Two options have been chosen for each centre based on their meaning and relevance to the lands on which they are located. We are now consulting with you, our community, to find out which name you prefer for each site.
The options are below and include links to videos with the correct pronunciation:
- wulempuri dhumba – good health talk
- djigabudani wulempuri – provide good health
- balit wurun – strong manna gum
- yilam bagung kertheba – clans grouping of people gather together
- wulempuri barring – good health journey
- balit warrak – strong banksia