The climate emergency has been described as the greatest threat to global public health because it affects a number of things that impact your health: food insecurity, housing instability and poverty. This is why YourCH is passionate about climate action and doing our part to be more sustainable.
Our new Climate Action Plan details how we will:
- Be climate action leaders, educating and inspiring our community to make choices that lessen environmental impact
- Support our clients and community through the health impacts of climate change, delivering great care that meets their needs
- Reduce our emissions, aiming for net zero emissions by 2040
- Add eco-friendly updates to our health centres, such as solar panels, solar hot water and electrical vehicles to our fleet
- Reduce our waste and increase our recycling
- And more.
You can read the complete Climate Action Plan and the Plain English version here: