We have a range of services to support the health and wellbeing of children and young people.
Our services for children and their families
- Counsellors – supporting the mental health and wellbeing of families and young people
- Dentists – providing free or low cost dental care for children (and their families)
- Nutritionists and dieticians – who can support your child’s feeding and eating skills for their health and wellbeing needs
- Occupational therapists – support children to develop skills in play, learning and self care
- Paediatricians – support children with significant developmental, behavioural, social and emotional problems that affect their everyday life
- Physiotherapists – support the development of movement skills in babies and children
- Speech pathologists – who work with you to help your child to develop their communication skill
Book an appointment
Our Youth and Community Worker supports young people (aged 12-25 years) to identify their needs and goals for achieving healthy wellbeing and connection.
They work with young people individually or in groups, offering a safe space for meaningful conversations or through tailored programs that build skills improving physical, mental and social health and wellbeing. They can provide information, referrals and link young people in with our services or community other services that support:
- Mental, physical and sexual health.
- Improved social connection.
- Accessing food, accommodation and other support services in the area.
- Accessing health services for themselves and/or family members.
- Applying for your own Medicare card, proof of age card and benefits (where relevant).
- Increasing capacity and confidence to access health and wellbeing services in the community.
Our Youth and Community Worker
Our Youth and Community Worker can be contacted by email, [email protected] or phone, 0438688359. They are based at our East Reservoir health centre and the Darebin Youth Hub at Northland Shopping Centre for drop-ins on Tuesdays from 12:30pm-5pm.
The service is FREE.
Our Youth and Community Worker is also available during business hours (9am-5pm) Monday to Friday.
For after hours support, please contact kidshelpline via their website or on 1800 55 1800.
Our services for Early Childhood Educators
We offer The Interactive Play program. It is a two-session capacity building program for early childhood educators. The Interactive Play program provides educators with the evidence, resources and strategies to enable them to facilitate children’s play, language and social interaction skills within the preschool setting. This program can be accessed through School Readiness Funding.
Your Community Health’s Interactive Play Program was named a finalist at the 2022 Victorian Early Years Awards under the Promoting Children’s Health and Wellbeing category. These awards celebrate the exceptional contributions that early childhood professionals make to improving the outcomes of children and their families. Learn more about our program along with other entrants in Promoting Children’s Health and Wellbeing category in the video below.
Useful information and resources
Here are some useful links to parenting tips and groups, classes and information that can help your child’s development.