Our Paediatric Clinic provides quality, personalised care for children 11 years and under living in the City of Darebin and its surrounding suburbs. We support them and their families with health, developmental, behavioural, social and emotional concerns that affect their lives.
For enquiries, contact us on (03) 8470 1111.
GP Referrals are required before booking in with a paediatrician.
UPDATE: Our doctors provide a bulk billing service to health care card holders; pensioner card holders; DVA card holders; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples; refugees and asylum seekers; and children under 16 years of age (for GP appointments). Appointments for other patients may incur a fee, as we are now a mixed billing clinic. For more information, click here.
We can provide assessment, care management and support for children with various conditions including:
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Liver diseases
- Clinical nutrition
- Heart conditions
- Rheumatology (bones and joints)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Behaviour problems, such as attention problems, aggression, defiance, poor emotional regulation and social difficulties
- Mood difficulties such as anxiety, worry, and depression
- Learning difficulties
- Sleep problems
- Eating problems
- Developmental concerns, such as talking and language delay, motor skills delay and social delay
- Continence problems, such as bed wetting, daytime wetting and soiling
- Unsettled babies, such as crying, settling and feeding problems in young babies
- Mondays and Tuesdays 9am-2:30pm (last appointment at 1:30pm)
- Thursdays, 9.30am-3:30pm (last appointment at 2:30pm)
You will need a referral from a doctor (General Practitioner). We can only accept referrals if you live in one of the suburbs listed below. Referrals can be faxed to 03 8470 1107 or emailed directly to our Paediatric Clinic at [email protected]. We will then contact the child’s family directly to make an appointment. If you do not yet have a referral, please call us to make an appointment with one of our doctors.
We accept referrals for clients in these suburbs:
- Brunswick East
- Clifton Hill
- Coburg (inc. North and East)
- Fitzroy North
- Heidelberg West
From 4 September, some of our clients will now need to pay a fee for our paediatric services, as we become a mixed billing clinic.
Unfortunately, Medicare rebates for bulk billing do not cover the increasing costs of giving your child quality paediatric care. Our new fees will cover the gap between the Medicare rebate and the cost of our paediatric services. Fees apply to in-person and telehealth appointments, as well as some treatments.
We will continue to offer bulk billing or no-fee medical services to clients who are:
- Health Care Card, Pension Card and DVA card holders
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander persons
- Refugees and Asylum Seekers
Our fees as of 4 September 2023 are:
|Consultation Type||Full Fee
What you pay on the day
What you get back from Medicare
Overall cost after the Medicare rebate
|Initial Paediatric Consult||$324.40||$249.40||$75|
|*Review Paediatric Consult||$174.90||$124.90||$50|
|*Some Paediatric Review Consults will be charged at a full fee of $121.40 with a rebate of $71.40 (the gap still being $50)|