Stay up to date as the Melbourne restrictions change.
As changes happen very quickly in a pandemic we will keep our website and social media updated with any services changes. You can find a list of useful links and daily updates on COVID-19 here.
A new 5 day snap lockdown has been announced in Melbourne to help stop community transmission of COVID-19.
As of midnight – 11.59pm Thursday the 15th of July the following restrictions in Melbourne come into effect:
There are five reasons to leave your home
- Food and essential supplies
- Exercise – for up to two hours
- To provide care or caregiving
- For authorised work or education if you can’t do it from home
The following restriction apply
To get vaccinated
- 5km limit on travel
- Face masks must be worn at all times, this includes indoors and outdoors.
- Gyms and indoor entertainment can reopen
- Community sport will resume
You can find the full list of restrictions available here.
Changes to services at Your Community Health
Due to the lockdown there have been some changes to services available across all Your Community Health sites.
We will be providing support off-site by phone or outreach. All group activities have been cancelled for the remainder of the lockdown. We will notify individuals when they can come back.
Service changes apply. Appointments will move from face-to-face to telehealth where possible. You will be contacted by our staff to advise you of changes.
All group activities have been cancelled for the remainder of the lockdown.
Emergency appointments only. All non-urgent care will be rescheduled.
There are no changes to any appointments. We encourage you to book Telehealth appointments where possible.
We will be contacting all clients individually regarding changes to appointments and schedules as soon as possible. Please keep in mind the information provided is subject to change. You can follow us on social media or check our website for regular updates.
Visiting Your Community Health
When visiting any of our health centres you will still need to:
- wear a mask when attending an appointment – our health concierge staff will provide you with a mask if you do not have one
- have your temperature checked and let us know if you have any COVID-19 symptoms
- keep 1.5 metres between you and others at all times.
- Do not attend an appointment if you have COVID-19 symptoms. Instead you must get tested and isolate until you have a negative result.
- We thank you for your continued help in keeping your community safe.
Don’t Forget Your Face mask!
- Face masks must be worn indoors at all times.
- You must carry a face mask with you when you leave home.
- Face masks must be worn on anyone over the age of 12, unless an exception applies.
Other general guidance
At home testing:
- People with an injury, chronic health issue, or frailty affecting mobility
People with moderate to severe physical or psychosocial disability
People with moderate to severe mental health or behavioural issues not otherwise classified
as a psychosocial disability
Carers for a person with moderate to severe disability
- Individuals without symptoms who have been identified by DHHS as a close contact, have
received direction from DHHS to get tested, and also meet any of the above criteria.
Call 1800 675 398 and select option 9. You can call seven days a week between 9am and 5pm.
Multi language resources:
What is COVID-19 testing like?
Our friends at Merri Health have interviewed community members about their experiences of COVID-19 testing. There are nine videos in different languages. Click on the three lines symbol (with 1/9 underneath) at the top of the video to find the video in your language.
BOOK YOUR VACCINATION ONLINE TODAY
Having a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine is one way we can protect our community against coronavirus. COVID-19 vaccines help to prevent serious illness and death from COVID-19, and they are free for everyone in Australia.
Our East Reservoir health centre is an approved provider for COVID-19 vaccines. We will continue to provide vaccines to community eligible community members.
NOTE: At this time, we are only providing vaccinations for people over the age of 60. Sign up to our e-newsletter and keep an eye out on our website for future updates.
Bookings can be made online, in person, or by telephone.
Support available from Your Community Health:
We are continuing to offer a health and social services to the community. While there have been some changes since the pandemic and the latest Melbourne lockdown, we are working very hard to support our community members and keep everyone informed on COVID-19 changes.
Stay mentally well
Follow our tips for staying mentally healthy during COVID-19.
Follow us on Facebook for regular updates and tips for staying safe during COVID-19
You can read more articles about what we are doing on our News page. We will regularly update this page as we have new information. Please call us if you have any questions.