Your Community Health (YourCH) is committed to promoting human rights, equity and eliminating discrimination in all its forms. In our advocacy work we talk with people in our community to find out what is important to them and use this information to argue for better facilities for the community, funding for programs, and changes to policy or laws to benefit the community
The seven Advocacy Priorities outlined in this Strategy came from our organisational vision and purpose, and were informed by an Advocacy Working Group made up of community members and staff. They are:
- LGBTIQA+ Victorians have timely access to inclusive, safe and gender-affirmitive health and well-being services
- All Victorians have access to affordable housing with respectable living conditions that foster better health and wellbeing outcomes
- Improved mental health and wellbeing in the local community
- First Nations peoples have self-determination, justice and equity
- People from non-English speaking backgrounds have access to culturally safe and appropriate health and wellbeing services
- Primary care is accessible and delivered close to home
- Climate action and a sustainable healthcare sector
To find out more about our Advocacy Priorities, please read our Strategy below.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.